- Information That We Collect
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
- Questions and How to Contact Us
Scope; Applicability to you.
In the event that Press Ganey is not acting as a data processor, and your personal information is not otherwise excluded as set forth above, the following information applies to how we, collect, use, and share your personal information, e.g. via the website. Third Party Sites. Our Site also contains links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by Press Ganey. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
Information that we collect
Generally. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site (“Personal Data”): by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, account ID or username, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline; that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information: directly from you when you provide it to us; automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Site are: information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, using our services, or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site; and records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
You also may provide information to transmit to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Messages”). Your User Messages are transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Messages will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and/or
about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service to you.
No information from children under age 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Site, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use and share your information
To Provide Products, Services, and Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. to provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- to help maintain the safety, security, quality, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business, including to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity, and to debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development and demonstration, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Press Ganey’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Press Ganey about our Website users is among the assets transferred in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to consent to this use, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request at email@example.com. For more information, see Section 4.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These entities provide IT, marketing, and infrastructure support services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Press Ganey’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding in which Personal Data held by Press Ganey about our Site’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Press Ganey, our customers, or others.
Access to your information and choices
You can review and change your Personal Data by notifying us through the contact information below, or through the live chat feature of our Site, of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Press Ganey to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or by contacting us using the contact information below.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Section 3. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
Security of your information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Consent to processing of personal data in United States
This Site and Services are not intended for and are not directed to residents of the European Union. By using and accessing our Site, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
Questions and how to contact us
To Contact Press Ganey
Press Ganey Associates LLC
1173 Ignition Drive
South Bend, IN 46601
California and Virginia Residents:
Please click here for specific information relevant to you and your Personal Data.
EU, UK Residents:
Please click here for specific information relevant to you and your Personal Data.