Safety & High Reliability
- Avoidable suffering and incidents of harm
- Inconsistent processes that promote safety
- System weaknesses that can lead to unwanted outcomes
- Negative impacts of safety events on the patient
- Need for a holistic approach to safety and service
While it is impossible to eliminate human error, events of harm indeed are preventable. Event prevention is achieved when the science of human error and event prevention is known and put into practice. Results are achieved when an organization can effectively shape human behavior. Our methods are based on reliability science – an understanding of human performance in complex systems and the application of this understanding in organizational culture and design.