Transparency is a critical strategy in today’s health care environment to drive performance improvement, offer consumers the data they need to make informed decisions and maintain the integrity of your brand.
To ensure reliable and scientifically rigorous data with consistent presentation across the industry, Press Ganey has established Transparency Standards and Guidelines to guide both internal and external transparency initiatives across care settings. Standardization helps drive learning and improvement, and protects the integrity of provider ratings across the health care system.
Physician Performance Transparency Rating Standards
Star Calculation Methodology:
- Star ratings are based on a 0-100 point scale converted to 0-5 stars.
- Every patient score provided will be included in the calculation of the physician ratings.
- Physicians must have a minimum “n”, or sample size, of 30 patient ratings to receive a formal rating, or a clear indicator will be present to indicate degree of scientific validity.
Patient Comment Management:
- Every patient comment captured in the sample that is related to the care received and overall experience will be presented.
- Comments will not be altered or redacted. Exceptions will include only those comments that contain libelous or vulgar content, or that include confidential or Protected Health Information (PHI). Under these circumstances, only libelous, inflammatory or PHI content will be blocked or hidden, rather than suppressing the entire comment.
Join the Industry: Endorse the Use of Standards & Guidelines
We ask that you, as health care executives responsible for upholding the professionalism, integrity and trust of your organizations, and in the interest of achieving high quality, patient centered care, endorse these standards of Physician Performance Transparency Rating. Please complete the short form to submit your endorsement.
Download the Standards >
See our MHC ad recognizing clients for transparency leadership >