The Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CGCAHPS) survey is a standardized tool to measure patient perceptions of care provided by a physician in an office setting.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the Physician Fee Schedule final rule on Nov. 16, 2012, confirming implementation of CGCAHPS for Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) participants. CMS will incorporate CGCAHPS data collection into the PQRS and administer the survey for CY2013 and 2014 reporting.
With Press Ganey’s CGCAHPS InsightsSM solution, transparency will soon become your greatest ally in performance improvement — leading to increased patient satisfaction, better ratings and optimal CMS reimbursement.
THE INTEGRATED ADVANTAGE
Clients using our integrated survey achieve some of the highest CAHPS scores in the industry. Our integrated survey solution has helped clients increase the speed and quality of their improvement efforts across all areas because they can tap into our comprehensive, real-time database.
- While the CAHPS-only survey measures patient experience (how often a service was provided), the Press Ganey integrated survey reveals important qualitative details (how well a service was provided) – enabling a balanced perspective on patient care within your organization.
- Our integrated survey asks your patients clarifying questions about your practice's performance at no additional cost.
- The combination of CAHPS questions with our scientifically developed patient-centered questions provides sharper focus for your quality improvement efforts.
Only Press Ganey's CGCAHPS Insights solution provides you with all the resources necessary for focused improvement specific to CGCAHPS:
- A current industry comparison to over 27,000 providers and 500 sites.
- CGCAHPS-specific priority indices, allowing you to focus your efforts on the critical drivers affecting your practice's CGCAHPS outcomes.
- Continuous access to CGCAHPS results and benchmarking – at both the domain and individual question levels – so you can see the results of your improvement efforts immediately.
- Solutions using evidence-based best practices.
- Dedicated Patient Experience Advisors who provide focused action plans and guide your improvement efforts.
- The Press Ganey Improvement PortalSM (patent pending) provides analysis, aligned improvement resources and peer-to-peer networking.