The Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CGCAHPS) survey is a standardized tool to measure patient perceptions of care delivered by a provider (e.g. physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, etc.) in an office setting.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the Physician Fee Schedule final rule on Nov. 16, 2012, confirming implementation of CGCAHPS for Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) participants. CMS requires CGCAHPS data collection for medical practices with over 100 providers under one tax identification number who are submitting PQRS through the GPRO web interface. Both Pioneer ACOs and Medicare Shared Savings Program ACOs are required to participate in annual CGCAHPS data collection as part of the ACO CAHPS program.
As of October 2013, Press Ganey is pleased to announce that we are approved by CMS as a survey provider for the Pioneer and Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) CAHPS for ACOs survey program. Vendor supported data collection will begin in 2014 for Pioneer ACOs and expand to include MSSP ACOs in 2015. Please note that Pioneer ACOs must select an approved vendor by November 29, 2013.
THE PRESS GANEY ADVANTAGE
With Press Ganey’s Patient Visit solutions, transparency will soon become your greatest ally in performance improvement — leading to increased patient satisfaction, better ratings and optimal CMS reimbursement. Clients using Press Ganey's integrated solution achieve some of the highest CAHPS scores in the industry and increase the speed and quality of their improvement efforts with access to our comprehensive, real-time database.
- Get a comprehensive and balanced perspective on patient experience with a combination of CAHPS survey measures that ask how often a service was provided along with questions that ask about how well a service was provided.
- Ask your patients clarifying questions about your practice's performance at no additional cost.
- Gain a sharper focus for your quality improvement efforts with a combination of CAHPS questions and Press Ganey's scientifically developed patient-centered questions.
Only Press Ganey's Patient Visit solutions provide you with all the resources necessary for focused improvement specific to CGCAHPS:
- A current industry comparison to over 43,000 providers, across 68 specialties and over 8,000 sites measuring CGCAHPS.
- CGCAHPS-specific priority indices, allowing you to focus your efforts on the critical drivers affecting your practice's CGCAHPS outcomes.
- Continuous access to CGCAHPS results and benchmarking – at both the domain and individual question levels – so you can see the results of your improvement efforts immediately.
- Solutions using evidence-based best practices.
- Dedicated Patient Experience Advisors who provide focused action plans and guide your improvement efforts.
- The Press Ganey Improvement PortalSM (patent pending) provides analysis, aligned improvement resources and peer-to-peer networking.