Hospitalist InsightsSM: A True Performance Solution for Hospitalists
Approximately half of the hospitals in the U.S. utilize the hospitalist model. Within those facilities, hospitalists are pivotal to overall patient experience and directly impact the reputation of the hospital. Yet – despite the importance of the hospitalist team on overall patient satisfaction and facility reputation – no methodology existed for measuring, benchmarking and improving hospitalist-specific patient satisfaction until recently. Cumulative physician performance data does not provide hospitalist-specific performance information or take into consideration the unique challenges hospitalists face regarding patient satisfaction.
A New Solution for Increasing Hospitalist
Press Ganey’s Hospitalist Insights, a provider-specific patient satisfaction solution, enables hospitals, hospital systems and group practices to:
Hospitalists can feel confident the patient satisfaction results attributed to them reflect their performance since their photo will appear on the surveys
- Attain rapid improvement of patient satisfaction in hospitalist programs.
- Assess individual hospitalists according to patient satisfaction scores.
- Benchmark hospitalists according to patient satisfaction scores with “apples-to-apples” comparison vs. comparison to non-hospitalist practitioners (e.g., obstetricians) within the hospital.
- Align bonuses to individual (vs. group) patient satisfaction performance.
- Track hospitalists’ patient satisfaction performance over time and assess performance coaching effectiveness.
(sample survey image below), and that benchmarking within our hospitalist-specific database is an apples-to-apples comparison. By supporting compensation setting, as well as hospitalist-specific improvement resources, this solution allows hospitals and group practices to closely align with their hospitalist team for improved patient satisfaction.
To learn more about the Hospitalist Insights solution, or to talk with one of our experts, please call us at 800.232.8032
or contact us.