Press Ganey Operational Performance SuiteSM for Hospitals
The Operational Performance Suite offers you Operational InsightsSM — a comprehensive data-driven solution that provides organization-wide insight into the overall profitability, quality of care and efficiency.
Operational InsightsSM: Variation Equals Opportunity
It has never been more important than it is today to understand what the public data “says” about your organization, the market and your national peers. Entities outside of your organization — such as payors, consumer groups, industry groups and the government — are looking at and making decisions about your hospital’s performance based on your public data. In this era of value-based purchasing and public reporting, you are competing for dollars with national “statistical” competitors as well as facilities in your local market.
With Press Ganey’s Operational Insights solution, you can:
- Instantly identify areas of operational variation between your organization and peer groups.
- Track and benchmark your Medicare performance and determine cost-saving opportunities through our easy-to-use, web-based interface.
- Create a custom dashboard for you or a competitor facility.
- Develop valuable insight into your organization’s performance and the performance of your competitors.
- Create unlimited custom peer groups by provider number, name, type of hospital, system affiliation, location, bed size, teaching status and aggregate information by peer group or system affiliation.
- Access reports designed by industry experts and utilized by hundreds of hospitals around the country to gain insights into their own performance and the performance of their peers.
With the Operational Insights solution you can access standardized reports that are designed to save you time by providing the relevant data for analysis and goal-setting in an easily accessible and highly usable format. Available reports include:
- The Hospital Trend Report™: Three years of detailed performance trends for every acute-care hospital in a state, by name. Information is organized by facility, MS-DRG or MDC.
- The Financial Profiles Report™: The financial performance of every hospital selected by the user. Provides detailed income statement and balance sheet information.
- The Hospital Performance Report™: Three modules of detailed information covering hospital pricing patterns, average reimbursement obtained and average estimated costs per case incurred.
- The Top 20 Reports: A series of eleven report views that prioritize a facility’s Medicare MS-DRG opportunities through various lenses (e.g., top Medicare loss, average charge, total LOS).
- The Hospital Indicator Report™: This comprehensive report includes four sections of severity-adjusted data: Key indicators, other indicators, charges by ancillary department and estimated cost by ancillary department.
- The Executive Advantage Report™: Summary of demographic, financial and clinical information that provides the user with an “at-a-glance” overview of each facility within a specific peer group.
- The Day of the Week Report™: Detailed report series with numerous benchmarks that focus on admit day, discharge day and destination and how these numbers affect hospital costs, profit and reimbursement.
- Custom Cost Reports: Select the cost report data elements you want and create a custom report based on your selections.
- Cost Report Schedules: Cost report schedules and their status for every hospital in the U.S. going back to 1997 — updated quarterly with the most current cost report filings and their status.
- Outpatient Reports: Outpatient reports by HCPCS/CPT® and APC codes.
Example report: Monitor average Medicare profits and losses performance by clinical case.
Example report: Monitor patient discharge performance by clinical department.
To learn more about the Operational Insights solution, or to talk with one of our experts, please telephone us at 800.232.8032 or contact us.