Achieve sustainable improvement in quality of care and financial perfomance.
- ED overcrowding, diversions and boarding
- Lack of available ICU and Med/Surg beds, patient misplacement
- Bumped or delayed elective surgical cases, backups in the PACU
- Excessive ED and OR waiting times
- Overburdened nurses, high overtime, excessive nurse vacancy rate
- Upset doctors, nurses, patients
What You Can Expect
Press Ganey’s consultants will lead development of an effective action plan for the organization and individual departments—ultimately driving the necessary change in the culture.
Through a combination of operations management tools such as queuing theory and simulation modeling, and the science of change management, we help your hospital optimize existing resources and achieve real results:
- Separating different patient flows that are competing for the same resources to optimize availability and usage.
- Smoothing artificial variability in patient flow in order to reduce peaks and valleys (to/from ED, OR, ICU, tele and routine units, cardiac cath) and improve ROI.
- Determining the optimal allocation of resources to meet current and future demand.
- Fully engaging physicians and nurses in patient flow improvements for improved quality, safety and efficiency.