FierceHealthcare, by Zack Budryk, October 21, 2016
"To deliver the highest quality care possible, healthcare leaders and board members must focus on 10 key metrics.
The measures were deemed the most useful to healthcare executives surveyed by Press Ganey and included in a new whitepaper:
- Inpatients’ rating of nurse communication
- Inpatients’ rating of physician communication
- Inpatients’ rating of whether staff worked together to care for them
- Inpatient likelihood to recommend according to Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey ratings
- Employee likelihood to recommend their organization to family and friends
- Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems/Medical Practice survey ratings’ likelihood to recommend
- Serious safety event rate
- All-cause 30-day readmissions throughout the hospital
- Employees’ ranked responses to the statement “I would feel safe being treated as a patient here”
- 30-day mortality rates"